MONTANA COLLEGE EVENTS | ACTIVITIES | CORPORATE EVENTS & TEAM BUILDING
Have us come to Helena to Missoula, over to Great Falls and down to Bozeman.
Montana Interesting Facts:
- Montana has the largest migratory elk herd in the nation.
- The state boasts the largest breeding population of trumpeter swans in the lower United States.
- At the Rocky Mountain Front Eagle Migration Area west of Great Falls more golden eagles have been seen in a single day than anywhere else in the country.
- North of Missoula is the largest population of nesting common loons in the western United States.
- The average square mile of land contains 1.4 elk, 1.4 pronghorn antelope, and 3.3 deer.
- The Freezeout Lake Wildlife Management Area contains as many as 300,000 snow geese and 10,000 tundra swans during migration.
- At Bowdoin National Wildlife Refuge it is possible to see up to 1,700 nesting pelicans.
- The Montana Yogo Sapphire is the only North American gem to be included in the Crown Jewels of England.
- In 1888 Helena had more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world.
- 46 out of Montana's 56 counties are considered "frontier counties" with an average population of 6 or fewer people per square mile.